Inflammation must be controlled to improve symptoms and prevent long-term damage.2
Cycle of inflammation and infection in blepharitis/MGD3
- This inflammation affects the ability of the meibomian glands to produce oil and alters the normal lipid composition of the oils3
- Bacterial release of lipases can break down and interrupt the healthy, smooth oil layer3
- When there is bacterial overgrowth on your eyelids, there may be unwanted consequences3
- Bacterial release of inflammatory toxins contributes to inflammation3
The American Academy of Ophthalmology recommends combination antibiotic/corticosteroid therapy for patients with blepharitis/MGD who experience acute flare-ups.4
- MGD=meibomian gland dysfunction.
RAPID RELIEF from Acute Blepharitis/MGD Flares1
After 1 week of TOBRADEX® ST dosing, patients had >50% reduction in symptoms1,a
Global symptom score was determined from the following symptoms often associated with blepharitis/blepharoconjunctivitis1
No IOP spikes were reported during the first week of treatment.1
- a Randomized, investigator-masked, active-controlled, parallel-group trial conducted at 7 private practice clinical sites in the United States with 122 adult patients who had moderate to severe blepharitis/blepharoconjunctivitis.1
- IOP=intraocular pressure.
DELIVER THE ADVANTAGES OF TOBRADEX ST WITH THE STAYING POWER OF XANGEN®5
In a preclinical study, increased viscosity improved ocular retention and bioavailability5,b
Why ST MATTERS!
The XanGen formulation of TOBRADEX ST creates a unique interaction with tears that increases the viscosity of each drop to provide longer ocular retention on the eye and increased ocular bioavailability of drug without causing visual blurriness5,6,b
- b Demonstrated in a preclinical study utilizing a rabbit model that closely mimics the human eye.5
TOBRADEX ST suspension benefits vs ointment products7-9
Particles retain in lower precorneal pocket and improve drug contact time and duration of action relative to drug solution7
Sticky and inconvenient; may cause irritation and interference with vision8,9
Consistent delivery of dexamethasone with minimal settling5
TOBRADEX ST delivers 12.5x higher tobramycin concentration in ocular tissue compared to TobraDex5
Percentage of dexamethasone per label in each drop expressed from the bottle after 24 hours5,c
- b Based on the results of a preclinical study that examined the suspension settling characteristics of TOBRADEX ST compared to TobraDex.
TOBRADEX® ST MORE EFFECTIVELY KILLS METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPH AUREUS (MRSA) THAN TOBRADEX* (>99.9% KILL RATE VS 0%)5
In a preclinical study, TOBRADEX ST exhibited greater and more rapid bactericidal activity than TobraDex against tobramycin- and methicillin-resistant strains5
TOBRADEX ST is more effective at killing resistant S aureus vs TobraDex5
TOBRADEX ST has a faster kill rate of resistant S pneumoniae vs TobraDex (5 min vs 120 min)5
- Based on the results of a preclinical study that examined the effectiveness in killing S aureus and Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates using tobramycin concentrations measured 10 minutes following exposure to TOBRADEX ST or TobraDex in rabbit models5
TOBRADEX ST offers half the dexamethasone concentration of TobraDex without sacrificing ocular tissue exposure5
- In a pharmacokinetic study, the concentration of dexamethasone in the aqueous humor 2 hours after instillation was 33.7±22.8 ng/mL for patients receiving TOBRADEX ST and 30.9±16.7 ng/mL for patients receiving TobraDex.5,d
- d Multicenter, double-blind, parallel-group, single-dose study of 987 patients receiving a single dose of TOBRADEX ST or TobraDex ophthalmic suspension.5
DELIVER THE TOBRADEX ST DIFFERENCE TO RESOLVE ACUTE FLARES
Dosing and administration6
- One drop of TOBRADEX ST should be administered to the affected eye every 4 to 6 hours
- During the initial 24 to 48 hours, dosage may be increased to one drop every 2 hours
- Frequency should be decreased gradually as clinical signs improve
- Therapy should not be discontinued prematurely
TOBRADEX ST has no therapeutic or generic equivalent
ST MATTERS—PRESCRIBE TOBRADEX® ST
Santen is committed to helping all patients have affordable access to TOBRADEX® ST
- *Source: Breakaway Partners LLC as of November 2021. Plan formularies will vary and are subject to change without notice. Please check directly with the health plan to determine the most up-to-date formulary information.
Patient Terms and Conditions:
Please visit MyEyeSavings.com to acquire and activate your Santen Copay Savings Program Card and present it along with a valid prescription to the pharmacy to participate in this savings program. If you have questions regarding your eligibility or beneﬁts, or if you wish to discontinue your participation, call the Santen Copay Savings Program at 1.866.747.0976 (9 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET, Monday – Friday). For patients whose prescriptions are covered by commercial insurance, use of this card may reduce your copayment responsibility to as little as $39. For patients whose prescriptions are not covered by either commercial or Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage insurance, use of this card may reduce your cost for prescriptions to as little as $39. This program is subject to overall maximum support amounts. This coupon is not valid for prescriptions paid for in part or full by Medicaid, Tricare, DOD, VA, or any state or federally funded program (excluding Medicare). Patients who have prescription drug coverage under Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage may take advantage of this offer, provided that they acknowledge that by doing so they will not seek any prescription coverage or reimbursement from their insurer for the cost of prescriptions or report any amounts paid for prescriptions as part of their “true out-of-pocket expenses” under Medicare Part D or Medicare Advantage prescription drug plan. When you use this card, you are certifying that you understand the program rules, regulations, and terms and conditions, and that you have responded truthfully to questions when activating this card.
- For commercially insured patients: Submit the claim to the primary Third Party Payer ﬁrst, then submit the balance due to Change Healthcare as a Secondary Payer COB with patient responsibility amount and a valid Other Coverage Code (OCC 3,8). The patient is responsible for the ﬁrst $39.00 and reimbursement for the balance, up to the program maximum, will be received from Change Healthcare.
- For Cash and Medicare Part D insured patients opting out of their plan coverage and agreeing to the program terms: Submit this claim to Change Healthcare as Cash. A valid Other Coverage Code (OCC 0,1) is required. The patient is responsible for the ﬁrst $39.00 and reimbursement for the balance, up to the program maximum, will be received from Change Healthcare.
Program Terms and Conditions:
The Santen Copay Savings Program card is not valid for use with any other prescription drug discount or cash cards for FLAREX®, TOBRADEX® ST, and/or ZERVIATE®. Claims submitted utilizing the program are subject to audit or validation.
When you process this card, you are certifying that you have read, understood, and are in compliance with the terms and conditions pertaining to this program. You are further certifying that you have not submitted and will not submit a claim for reimbursement under Medicare Part D or similar federal or state programs including any state medical pharmaceutical assistance program for this prescription.